The close-in area of Southwest Houston where Marilyn Estates is located is near a number of great shopping venues. Residents can boast a wide variety of nearby grocery stores (listed from closest to farthest):
- H-E-B Meyerland Market - 4955 Beechnut
- Kroger – 10306 South Post Oak
- Randalls – 4800 West Bellfort at South Post Oak
- Wal-Mart Neighborhood Market Store – 9700 Hillcroft
- H-E-B Bellaire Market - 5106 Bissonnet
- Whole Foods – 4004 Bellaire Blvd. at Weslayan
- Central Market – 3815 Westheimer at Weslayan
There are two shopping centers located near Marilyn Estates, one at the north side of the subdivision and the other just across the bayou:
- Braes Oaks
- Braeswood Square
Less than 3 miles away is Meyerland Plaza, with more than 50 stores, services and restaurants. The area surrounding Meyerland Plaza at Beechnut and the 610 West Loop contains additional restaurants, a home improvement store and other businesses.
Finally, the world-famous Houston Galleria® is only 5.5 miles north of Marilyn Estates. With an incredible variety of 375 fine stores and restaurants, an ice rink and two hotels, The Galleria is the centerpiece of Uptown Houston, which is an urban center with office towers, hotels, specialty shopping and fine dining comparable to any great city’s central business district.